Exploring Blind Spots – 27th Conference of the Nordic Sociological Association
Lund University, August 14-16, 2014
Extended deadline for abstract submission: April 28
The program promises thought provoking keynote addresses from
* Michael Burawoy, Berkeley
* Eva Illouz, Hebrew University
* Guy Standing, SOAS
And no less than four engaging plenary sessions where academics and intellectuals discuss
* The Future of Social Solidarity – Europe at a cross-road
Peter Abrahamson, Mary Daly, Kajsa Ekis Ekman, Göran Therborn
* The Precariat
Kirsti Lempiäinen, Guy Standing, Thomas Steinfeld
* High-speed Society
John Urry, Karin Widerberg, Per Svensson
* Asian Encounters – Exposing or creating blind spots?
Hilda Roemer Christensen, Ravinder Kaur, Feng Wang
And of course, a number of
* Regular sessions with topical presentations, discussions, and debates, from sociologists in the Nordic countries and beyond.
Plus, for PhD students:
* PhD pre-conference, What does it mean to be a sociologist tomorrow?, August 13
* PhD workshop on cultural sociology, August 12
Welcome to Lund!!
Conference website1: nsa2014.se
Conference website2: www.malmokongressbyra.se/NSA2014
Abstract submission (April 28): www.malmokongressbyra.se/NSA2014/abstract_information
Conference registration: www.malmokongressbyra.se/NSA2014/registration
PhD pre-conference: nsa2014.se/phd-pre-conference/
PhD workshop on cultural sociology: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39577023/PhD%20Pre_workshop_Lund_2014.pdf
Due to a malfunctioning server earlier this week, the web page was innaccessible for several days.
As an effect, we have decided to extend the abstract submission deadline until April 28.
Notifications will be sent no later than May 12, and the early registration fee will be in effect until May 21.